Associate Director, Global Data Privacy
LocationLondon, UK; New York, NY; Zurich, Switzerland; Hong Kong; Dubai, UAE; Flexible (Globally)
About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryThe Associate Director in Data Privacy will collaborate with Breakwater’s senior-level consulting practitioners and clients to lead global data privacy reviews, improvements, and technology implementations. Deploy clients’ preferred data privacy and data governance technology platforms. Manage key stakeholders in our clients’ governance structure (e.g., General Counsel, Chief Privacy Officer, Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Procurement Officer, Data Protection Officer, Chief People Officer, Digital Marketing & Strategy, Data Governance Officer, Compliance Officer, external law firms, private equity firms, brokers, and insurance firms). Contribute to collaborative thought leadership, build relationships to further go-to-market partnerships, and contribute to the data privacy practice’s organic and inorganic growth.
The Associate Director in Data Privacy will lead global data privacy and data governance engagements and manage project expectations with clients, internal team members, and other stakeholders. Review data privacy maturity (via workshops, documentation review, surveys, and reporting), recommend remediation within workable and aspirational timelines, and implement data privacy and data governance technology. Consolidate and report data privacy and data governance risk findings. Identify and report on trends in the global data privacy, data governance, and cybersecurity landscapes, including the latest regulatory developments, global frameworks, governance, risk, and controls.
Skills + Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in delivering global data privacy and data governance solutions in data-driven sectors (e.g., financial services, technology, media and telecommunications, life sciences and emerging technologies) and familiarity with Internet of Things, Smart City, Artificial Intelligence, Records Management and Data Lifecycle, Data Ethics, Privacy & Security by Design, Machine Learning and Blockchain
- Global data privacy and data governance project experience: GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, NIST, ISO 27001, ISO27701, Sedona data governance framework, PCI-DSS and evolving global data privacy frameworks, governance and risk and control
- Analytical problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Experience working with clients across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Willingness to travel (if required and subject to global travel restrictions)
- IAPP certification highly valued, but not required
Perks + Benefits
- Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
- Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest, and recharge
- Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental, and vision options to best fit your needs
- Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
- Perks + Programs – access to Retirement/Pension, Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.