Compliance Analyst (Contract Position)
LocationNashville, TN; Remote, US
About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryCompliance Analysts will have the opportunity to work in a contractor role on an eCommunications Surveillance project with one of the world’s largest financial institutions. In this role, Compliance Analysts will leverage various technologies to screen eCommunications for client-defined market abuse and non-compliance. The contractor will be full-time, expected to last approximately three (3) months from kick-off to completion, and delivered remotely. Compliance Analysts will be provided laptops to use for the duration of this project and will be compensated at an hourly rate with overtime eligibility.
- Screen eCommunications quickly and effectively using client-developed guidelines on market abuse and non-compliance
- Identify and escalate potential instances of market abuse and non-compliance
- Work with client teams to ensure appropriate escalation of relevant cases
- Assist with development of reports on the eCommunications Surveillance KPIs
Skills + Qualifications
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive with minimal need for guidance
- Basic familiarity with regulations related to eCommunications Surveillance
- Basic familiarity with FCA regulations and application to financial services clients
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Computer literate with good MS office skills
- Experience in compliance and trade monitoring software (e.g., HP Autonomy, Digital Reasoning, Synthesys, etc.) preferred, but not required
- Experience or interest in eCommunications Surveillance, trade surveillance, market abuse or compliance within a financial services setting
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.