Director, Business Development, Cybersecurity
LocationChicago, IL; New York, NY; Remote
About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryThe Director, Business Development for Cybersecurity will design and execute on plans and strategies to sell Breakwater’s cybersecurity and data protection service offerings to achieve the company’s sales goals. Develop strategies for greater market penetration in key industries by building market awareness of services offerings, capabilities, and credentials. Cultivate and maintain new and existing relationships with corporate clients, law firms, and insurance panels. Stay current with trends by identifying, collecting, and reporting on market intelligence observed in the cybersecurity market.
- Leverage deep experience selling professional services in the cybersecurity market
- Leverage existing network and build new corporate, law firm, and insurance panel relationships to open doors, identify opportunities, and close sales
- Generate and maintain a pipeline of cybersecurity opportunities to meet personal sales targets and contribute to Breakwater’s goals and objectives
- Build deep knowledge of Breakwater’s cybersecurity experts and offerings
- Work collaboratively with Breakwater and cybersecurity leadership to prioritize market efforts and enhance the go-to-market strategy
- Develop understanding of Breakwater’s other areas of consulting expertise and technology platforms
- Gather and report on trends observed in the market for cybersecurity services
Skills + Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in business development and professional services sales with an emphasis on cybersecurity
- Proven experience at building and maintaining a solid pipeline and managing sophisticated relationships
- Ability to enhance existing client relationships and strategically build new relationships at target clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication and relationship building
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced consulting environment
- Ability to succeed in a team-based environment to achieve personal and collaborative goals
- Experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM system
- Willingness to travel (as needed)
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree valued
Perks + Benefits
- Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
- Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest, and recharge
- Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental, and vision options to best fit your needs
- Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
- Perks + Programs – access to Retirement/Pension, Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.