Senior Consultant, Analytics & Data Strategy
LocationChicago, IL; New York, NY
About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryAs members of the Analytics & Data Strategy team, senior consultants work closely with Breakwater professionals to provide meaningful analysis and actionable insight to clients’ data challenges. Senior consultants use a variety of technical tools and strategic consulting skillsets to design and build innovative solutions for clients across high-stakes industries such as financial services and healthcare. Senior consultants should expect to work with both the internal Breakwater team and client stakeholders (e.g., C-suite and senior executives, general counsel, external law firms, software designers, data scientists, forensic analysts, etc.) to design custom solutions to data-driven challenges. In addition to applying, developing, and refining technical and consulting skills, senior consultants receive formal and informal mentorship, are involved in strategic Breakwater initiatives, contribute to pro bono engagements, participate in team building and social events, take part in collaborative opportunities with Breakwater software and managed services, and have access to all members of the Breakwater team, locally and across offices and geographies.
Senior consultants will work on a variety of data-driven engagements in a team environment with consulting practitioners across levels. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying relationships among disparate datasets,
- Building complex ETL processes,
- Designing and building technical workflows,
- Analyzing and interpreting transactional datasets,
- Performing thorough quality control measures to ensure accuracy,
- Developing the technical and consulting skills of junior team members,
- Reporting findings to project team members, and
- Assisting in the preparation of client-ready deliverables.
Skills + Qualifications
- Two or more years of relevant consulting and / or industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or a similar analytical discipline
- Strong understanding of and experience with information systems, ETL processes, and programming languages (i.e., C#, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Experience using Tableau, Microsoft BI, or other dashboarding tools
- Analytical problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Enthusiasm for innovation and technology
- Willingness to travel (when safe to do so)
Perks + Benefits
- Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
- Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest, and recharge
- Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental, and vision options to best fit your needs
- Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
- Perks + Programs – access to Retirement/Pension, Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.