Senior Contracts Administrator
About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryWe are currently seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator to join our operations team. You will engage in all aspects of the transactional lifecycle, including contract preparation, terms review, negotiation, and administration in accordance with Breakwater’s policies and legal requirements. You will work closely with senior leadership team, legal counsel, and other internal business functions such as proposals, finance, sales, marketing, purchasing, research and development, project management and risk management to ensure optimal contract terms and execution while minimizing risk.
You will process, review, draft, modify, negotiate, and administer various contractual documents, including distributorship, purchasing, equipment sales, professional services, software license and maintenance agreements. Investigate and resolve questions associated with contracts in process and/or existing contracts. Interpret contract requirements, obligations, and risk exposure. Identify, report, and escalate business issues and “nonstandard terms” for review and approval at the appropriate level with the designated subject matter experts. Provide analysis, feedback and recommendations to management and appropriate field/sales personnel regarding contract terms and resolution of contractual issues. You will contribute to development and improvement of form agreements and templates and continuously improving policies, processes and procedures supporting contract preparation, negotiation, review, approval, and administration.
Skills + Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of related experience in contract drafting and preparation, negotiation/administration for enterprise software businesses in a commercial role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common commercial transactional terminology and basic legal concepts within contract terms (such as liabilities and obligations).
- Broad working knowledge of applicable contractual and legal concepts as they apply to sales, purchasing, services and software licensing, including SaaS cloud solution agreements, consultancy/professional services agreements, partner agreements, and NDAs/confidentiality agreements.
- Comprehensive understanding of software sales, services, and support concepts and contracts, including familiarity with revenue recognition rules preferred.
- Experience in commercial contracting from the preliminary/conceptual phase through the execution phase, including structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing and conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent ability to manage multiple contracts of varying types, size, and complexity through the contract administration process.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, manage and prioritize workload and deadlines and successfully balance between autonomous work and escalation to attorney or senior business decision-makers as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications in a Windows environment. Working knowledge of Salesforce and contract lifecycle management tool preferred but not required.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills and adept at managing across all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers and internal clients (sales) and stakeholders including conflict resolution confidently and effectively, creatively and flexibility of thought.
- Polished, effective, and commercial-oriented negotiation, communication, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent people skills, strong business orientation and team player.
Perks + Benefits
- Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
- Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest, and recharge
- Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental, and vision options to best fit your needs
- Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
- Perks + Programs – access to Retirement/Pension, Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.