About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryAre you passionate about product quality and performance? The Software Architect will drive Breakwater’s architectural platform strategy by collaborating with the product leadership team and delivering a roadmap to the engineering team. You will analyze, define, and implement a platform that delivers on Breakwater’s technology and business objectives.
The Architect will own and drive architectural platform definition, design, delivery, and adoption. You will define the layers, systems, components, and protocols for a platform that delivers on business objectives. Communicate all architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies and garner buy-in from all stakeholders. Map the strategy down to concrete concepts and deliver a roadmap the engineering team understands and can implement.
Skills + Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in Software Architecture and Development with 3+ years in leadership or management.
- Demonstrated ability working in Agile development methodologies including CI/CD.
- Ability to understand complex technical problems and solve them with simple and efficient solutions.
- Knowledge of architectural and technical operational practices to drive performance, resilience, and scalability from conception to delivery.
- Experience with building, maintaining, and transforming products working with very large datasets and multiple sources of data and data classifications.
- A deep understanding of non-functional requirements for commercial, mission-critical enterprise software products and services in the areas of system performance, scalability, security, usability, ease of implementation, supportability, and maintainability.
- Experience building enterprise-class applications for public and private cloud architectures including on-premises, Cloud, and hybrid environments.
- Deep understanding of Cloud practices to support effective business continuity, high availability, and security as well as cost-optimized use of infrastructure.
- Experience working with information security frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, HIPAA, and GDPR.
- Experience developing world-class logical and physical architectures for modern SaaS and n-tier architectures.
- Proficiency in Java, OpenStack or Microsoft, cloud technologies, microservices, Docker, and PaaS.
- Strong object-oriented and service-oriented architecture and design skills (including APIs), including working knowledge of architectural modeling and design patterns, and a test-first mentality.
Perks + Benefits
- Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
- Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest, and recharge
- Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental, and vision options to best fit your needs
- Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
- Perks + Programs – access to Retirement/Pension, Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.