Systems Engineer - Linux
About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryDo you have a high degree of initiative and are always looking for the best solution for your team and customers? Are you accountable, self-motivated, and always driven to do better? Are you meticulous and business-focused? If so, we are seeking a talented and passionate Systems Engineer to join our team. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for implementing and maintaining infrastructure components for our internationally dispersed development teams. You will create, configure, and maintain Linux servers, virtual machines and containers running vital development systems on Azure and on-prem VMWare. Come be a part of creating a culture of innovation, delivering first-in-class products!
The Systems Engineer will enable the business’s software engineering teams to develop, build, and test on-prem and SaaS software solutions.
You will be responsible for implementation and maintenance tasks on virtualized development server resources and work as part of a geographically dispersed team with team members in other locations. The systems include infrastructure, network, and monitoring systems.
Work with the architecture, front-end and back-end engineering teams in all technical operations and work to reduce or eliminate repetitive or manual tasks, improving health and performance issues of the sites and software systems used by Breakwater’s customers.
Skills + Qualifications
- 3+ years of professional experience in roles such as DevOps, infrastructure, maintenance, system engineering, capacity planning, networking or information technology
- Advanced working knowledge on administration of Linux operating systems, good working knowledge on Windows operating systems, AIX experience a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms, Azure and AWS desired
- Experience with maintaining middleware (PostgreSQL, NGINX, IBM WebSphere, IBM DB2) a plus
- Experience with building and maintaining virtual environments, including virtual network implementation, machine provisioning, and storage provisioning.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration, such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with deployment automation, for example Ansible
- Experience in CI/CD tools and processes a plus
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology, computer science or other relevant field or similar education with work experience.
- Good communication skills in English
Perks + Benefits
- Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
- Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest and recharge
- Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental and vision options to best fit your needs
- Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
- Perks + Programs – access to Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.