Technical Support Engineer
About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryThe Technical Support Engineer will provide first-line support and as your skills develop increasing levels of second-line support to Breakwater’s customers. Your responsibilities will include reviewing diagnostic information, troubleshooting, problem recreation, and debugging complex product issues to determine the course of action and/or solutions. As the first member of this function, you will be involved in selecting and establishing the toolsets and processes that are to be utilized by Breakwater in providing customer support and integrating with the company’s other functions.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide technical support to Breakwater’s customers and internal teams. You will select and establish the toolset to manage the support processes and integrate them with the company’s other platform. Manage the ticketing system, work within established protocols, and ensure that the knowledge base of queries and responses is always current. You will create support dashboards and processes to streamline support requests including providing input to the product management team on potential defect fixes, feature enhancements, and/or upgrades which will result in a reduced level of support tickets. Document processes to enable future scale-out of the support function. Manage and extend the customer support knowledge base to promote client self-sufficiency.
Skills + Qualifications
- A dedication to customer service, with previous technical support experience in a customer-facing role required.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Ability to assess, prioritize and escalate support issues appropriately
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with problem determination and resolution
- Experience working in a remote, distributed team
- Strong technical fluency including experience in shell scripting, Perl, and SQL, Java, C/C++
- Basic knowledge in Enterprise DBMS, such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or IBM DB2
- Experience in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of networking concepts
Perks + Benefits
- Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
- Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest and recharge
- Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental and vision options to best fit your needs
- Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
- Perks + Programs – access to Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.