User Experience (UX) Designer
About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryAre you tech-savvy and passionate about user experience and design? Do you have a high degree of initiative and are always looking for the best solution for your team and customers? Are you accountable, self-motivated, and always driven to do better? If so, we are seeking a talented and passionate User Experience (UX) Designer to join our team. The UX Designer will translate business needs into customer-focused user stories and features. Identify, understand, and validate customer needs using data and research. You will create a beautiful UI that delights our customers. Come be a part of creating a culture of innovation delivering first-in-class products!
The UX Designer will balance business principles, stakeholders, and user research while delivering customer-centered design solutions. Utilize principle-based interaction design to generate and refine core concepts, interactions, and information design. You will articulate a clear point of view for customer experiences and the rationale behind them. Actively participate in brainstorming and ideation sessions, including scenario creation. Rapidly convert the output from brainstorming and ideation sessions into workable wireframes, concept designs, and prototypes. You will work with PM and Engineering to elicit buy-in and support for key customer experiences.
Skills + Qualifications
- 5+ years as a software product UX designer in a company or agency setting working with customers.
- Experience with SaaS product offerings
- Strong knowledge of current design and prototyping tools.
- Ability to bring concepts to life through visuals, code, vision videos, etc.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment including balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Portfolio demonstrating work experience and showing the application of skills to solve customer’s needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
Perks + Benefits
- Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
- Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest and recharge
- Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental and vision options to best fit your needs
- Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
- Perks + Programs – access to Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.