Senior Java Software Developer
About Breakwater SolutionsBreakwater helps mitigate risk and gain insight from sprawling information by combining technology automation and human expertise. Our expert consulting, software, and managed services address the challenges within information governance, disputes and investigations, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity. Breakwater launched in 2020 with technology from IBM and private equity funding from JLL Partners. We are a global hyper-growth company. It is an exciting time to join us!
Job SummaryThe Senior Java Software Developer will own components of our SaaS solution. The cloud solution builds on a set of modern open-source technologies running on state-of-the-art cloud environments on Kubernetes (AKS primarily). It utilizes GraphQL and REST APIs, text analytics and full-text search, AI/ML algorithms, edge computing technologies and integration with a large variety of cloud and on-prem data sources. The role requires both architecture design and the implementation of product functionality in collaboration with the software architect, as well as guidance to junior members of the development team.
The Senior Java Software Developer participates in agile sprint planning, owns the detailing of implementation approaches in our MS DevOps system and ensures high quality implementation of features. This role will work closely with the Chief Architect on evaluation of technologies and implementation approaches, with the Agile Scrum Lead in sprint planning and review activities and with the QA Lead on software quality.
Skills + Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development with 3+ years in Java and ideally Java SpringBoot development.
- Demonstrated ability working in Agile development methodologies including CI/CD.
- Ability to understand complex technical problems and solve with simple and efficient solutions.
- Knowledge of architectural and technical operational practices to drive performance, resilience, and scalability from conception to delivery.
- An understanding of non-functional requirements for commercial, mission-critical enterprise software products and services in the areas of system performance, scalability, security, usability, ease of implementation, supportability, and maintainability.
- Experience with building, maintaining, and transforming products working with very large datasets and multiple sources of data and data classifications is a plus
- Understanding of Cloud practices to support effective business continuity, high availability, and security as well as cost-optimised use of infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience developing world-class logical and physical architectures for modern SaaS and n-tier architectures.
- Proficiency in cloud technologies, microservices, containerization
- Work experience using Git and branching
- Knowledge of node.js, React UI framework, and/or Python is a plus
- Experience with REST and GraphQL APIs, ElasticSearch, Postgres, and Hasura a plus
- Experience with Java Application Servers e.g. Tomcat and/or WebSphere and/or Jetty a plus
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is a plus
- Practical experience in leading development of a software component and a small development team is also a plus
Perks + Benefits
- Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
- Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest and recharge
- Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental and vision options to best fit your needs
- Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
- Perks + Programs – access to Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more!
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited Resumes Not Accepted
Please note that as per our policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Breakwater will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.